To use my professional and organizational skills—including graphics, design, analysis, and project management—to make an impact on quality of life in Indianapolis.
Master of Urban Planning, Ball State University
Muncie, Indiana - May, 2015
Real Estate Development Certificate, Ball State University
Muncie, Indiana - May, 2015
Bachelor of Music, Jazz Studies, Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
Bloomington, Indiana - May 2009
Metropolitan Planning Organization
June 2015 to Present
- Help to allocate $44 million in federal transportation funding to local governments.
- Developed Environmental Justice methodology in compliance with Federal Highway Authority requirements and regional planning best practices.
- Project manager on $270,000 engineering study, from consultant selection and fee negotiation to financial management through the life of the project.
April, 2015 to May 2015
- Developed whitepaper on best practices and funding opporunities for regional water planning.
Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority
Planner/Mentor, My Community, My Vision
Aug. 2015 to May 2015
- Through collaboration with Rushville Consolidated High School students, developed youth objectives to contribute to comprehensive plan.
- Authored Rushville Downtown Strategic Plan, currently in the process of stakeholder meetings with the goal of adoption in April as an amendment to the comprehensive plan.
Community Programs Intern
June 2014 to Aug. 2014
- Coauthored initial grant proposal to U.S. Treasury's Financial Empowerment Innovation Fund, seeking $750,000 to equip low-income families with the power to use online financial tools, build savings, and grow assets and income.
- Evaluated $350,000 pilot program, researching the effects of energy conservation and awareness on energy costs and utility debt for 200 low-income families across four Community Action Agencies.
- Developed report to seek funding to combine health and safety renovations with weatherization for low-income households, saving money for low-income families and taxpayers.
University of Chicago, Alumni Relations and Development
Research Analyst, Prospect Development and Information Strategy
Feb. 2012 to Dec. 2013
- Composed reports for University leadership that outline donor’s assets and philanthropic interests.
- Managed relationships with University departments, providing strategies and information to find new donors and increase gifts.
- Developed automated reports to provide more accurate research more quickly, freeing up time for high-impact strategic projects.
Project Assistant III, Chicago Science, Medical Center Development
Nov. 2010 to Feb. 2012
- Created dashboard that tracked the team’s goals, metrics, and next steps.
- Improved our team’s data accuracy through training and increased automation.
Secretly Canadian, Inc.
IT Administrator and Accounting Assistant
Nov. 2009 to Aug. 2010
- Managed network, help desk tickets, and repairs for a 35-employee company.
- Coordinated project to upgrade network bandwidth, keeping monthly costs under budget.
- Trained accounting department to use more features of Excel, which increased productivity.
May 2009 to Sep. 2009
Databases: Microsoft Access, Advance, SAP Business Objects
Software: ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Microsoft Office